The Board of Directors is the School’s ultimate decision-making body for all major decisions (budget, strategic alliance, strategic investment decisions). The Board carries out its mission based on the work conducted by the Steering Committee and Scientific Council, soon to become the International Advisory Board.
“Be positioned as a hub and an accelerator for innovative learning journeys rooted into research by creating entrepreneurially driven programmes and experiences with people and organizations at both the local and the global level”.
Three driving principles uphold our mission:
- To educate entrepreneurial managers and leaders to be risk takers, creative, transdisciplinary aware and inspiring in an ethical way.
- To implement a transformational and cutting-edge learning experience throughout our different programmes and research activities.
- To work closely with all our key stakeholders so as to build ‘win-win’ relationships.
Our values are reflected in our programmes and through the entrepreneurial leadership competency model :
- Ambition & engagement
- Diversity & openness
EDC Paris Business School: a special, unique school
- 70 years in 2020; the oldest private management institution in the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
- A member institution of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles (CGE), the Union des Grandes Écoles Indépendantes (UGEI), the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and Global Compact
- EPAS international accreditation for our Grande Ecole programme
- A Grande Ecole programme approved by the Ministry for National Education, Higher Education and Research, delivering 5-year Master’s degrees.
- An influential network, Force EDC, made up of 15,000 graduates, including 5,000 business managers and residents in 81 countries, which helps ensure fast professional integration, plus a network of 3,000 alumni from our “Sup de Luxe” programme.
- Entrepreneurial leadership at the heart of our strategy: 15 to 20% of business creators in each graduating class; nearly 80% are managers developing new business activities (Intrapreneurs)
- 33 permanent professors and 140 professional guest speakers
- Nearly 100 international partner universities across all 5 continents
- A work-study programme option with an apprenticeship or professional training contract
EDC Paris Business School Governance
The International Advisory Board (IAB) was created in 2019, the result of a merger between the Scientific Council and the Steering Committee. It assists the Board of Directors and General Management in analysing the environment and defining strategy in terms of academics, teaching methods, and corporate relationships. It meets once a year for a seminar.
Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie - Professor / Former Dean of Solvay School of Economics and Management (Belgium)
Frank Bournois - Director General / Dean of ESCP Europe, Paris (France)
Michel Kalika - Professor at IAE Lyon (Jean Moulin University), President of BSI
Patrick Hetzel - Education Officer, Professor at Université Paris II, Panthéon-Assas
Yvon Gasse - Professor at Laval University, Quebec, Canada
François-Marc Sastre - General Director of CARTIER South East Europe
Thierry Suchet - President Force EDC
Patrick Mazeron - Former Vice-President of EDC Paris Business School
College of the EDC Paris Business School Management
Jean Pierre Helfer - President of the Scientific Council and Director of Research at EDC Paris Business School.
William Hurst - General Director EDC Group / Dean
Rachid Rhattat - Lecturer-researcher / Academic Director at EDC Paris Business School
Zied Ftiti - Lecturer-researcher / Associate Dean of Research / Director of OCRE at EDC Paris Business School
Ferid Chakroun - Senior Partner in Digital Transformation - Financial Department at BearingPoint
Arnaud Michelle -Vice President, Energies & Environment at Akka Technologies
Janet Dekker - Deputy General Director of Human Resources for Air France-KLM group
Axel Hoppenot - Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing - Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer
Grégoire Linder - Co-founder of Raizers
Jean-Paul Genoux - Co-founder - CEO DIMO Software
The Executive Committee communicates and establishes strategy approved by governing bodies outside the school. It meets each week and addresses strategic and cross-disciplinary issues once a month. It is made up of the main departments under the supervision of the General Director.