The Board of Directors is the School’s ultimate decision-making body for all major decisions (budget, strategic alliance, strategic investment decisions). The Board carries out its mission based on the work conducted by the Steering Committee and Scientific Council, soon to become the International Advisory Board.
EDC Paris Business School is a renowned business and management school created in 1950. Owned by its alumni for more than 20 years, in 2017 it joined the Planeta group, which provides training to more than 100,000 students of all nationalities on 3 continents. It is the oldest 100% private institution of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
What we do
"Position ourselves as a driver and catalyst for innovative, research-based learning initiatives by creating programmes and experiences in keeping with a vision for entrepreneurship for individuals and organizations, both national and international."
Three principles drive our actions
“Train humanist leaders for the digital era, who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are capable of designing and implementing innovative strategies, with the aim of improving the social and economic performance of organizations.”
This vision is materialized through our new pedagogical signature called "DIVE" - Developer. Innovator. Value Creator. Entrepreneur - which is applied to all our programs.
These programs develop, to varying degrees, the distinctive skills of a 21st century leader:
- A 360° view of the fundamentals of management science (Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources)
- A special focus on entrepreneurship, business development and innovation to train students and managers capable of creating new opportunities and pushing the boundaries of business in a world invariably filled with uncertainty and ambiguity
- A common foundation of knowledge based on transdisciplinarity through mandatory courses on geopolitics, general knowledge, European policies, design, and an annual seminar on personal development and soft skills.
- The need to train students to become digital natives through mandatory training in the Grande Ecole programme on coding, artificial intelligence, design thinking and digital transformation
- Training students to become true citizens with an awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and corporate social responsibility through programmes offering a holistic view of performance
- Ambition & Commitment: We set high standards. We motivate our students to aim high. We encourage them to be leaders who make a real difference in companies and in society.
- Creativity: We challenge preconceived ideas. We are problem solving oriented and do not hesitate to think outside the box. We encourage our students, our stakeholders, to step outside their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
- Diversity & Openness: We consider openness, diversity and cooperation to be intrinsically linked. We are convinced of the necessity and the power of networks in an increasingly complex and connected world.
- Responsibility: Social responsibility is a state of mind that must characterize all our decisions. Indeed, a leader needs to develop a holistic vision of performance and value creation. They embrace the values of fair leadership.
The International Advisory Board (IAB) was created in 2019, the result of a merger between the Scientific Council and the Steering Committee. It assists the Board of Directors and General Management in analysing the environment and defining strategy in terms of academics, teaching methods, and corporate relationships. It meets once a year for a seminar.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie - Professeur à l’ULB, ex Doyen de la Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB)
- Frank Bournois - Directeur général / Doyen à ESCP Europe, Paris (France)
- Michel Kalika - Professeur à l'IAE de Lyon (Uiversité Jean Moulin), Président de BSI
- Patrick Hetzel - Recteur, Professeur à l’Université Paris II, Panthéon-Assas
- Yvon Gasse - Professeur à l'Université de Laval, Québec, Canada
- François-Marc Sastre - Directeur général Europe du Sud, CARTIER
- Bruno Rosé - Président de Force EDC (association des anciens)
- Patrick Mazeron - Ancien Vice-Président de EDC Paris Business School
College of the EDC Paris Business School Management
- Jean Pierre Helfer - Président de l’international Advisory Board et Directeur de la recherche à EDC Paris Business School.
- William Hurst - Directeur général Groupe EDC / Doyen
- Rachid Rhattat - Directeur Académique, EDC Paris Business School
- Zied Ftiti - Doyen associé de la Recherche & Directeur de l'OCRE, EDC Paris Business School
- Ferid Chakroun - Associé en charge du pôle « Transformation Digital - Services Financiers », BearingPoint
- Arnaud Michelle -Vice-Président, Energies & Environment, Akka Technologies
- Janet Dekker - Directrice Générale Adjointe Ressources Humaines, Groupe Air France-KLM
- Axel Hoppenot - Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Société des Bains de Mer (SBM)
- Grégoire Linder – Fondateur & Président, Raizers
- Jean-Paul Genoux - Cofondateur & Directeur Général, DIMO Software
The Executive Committee communicates and establishes strategy approved by governing bodies outside the school. It meets each week and addresses strategic and cross-disciplinary issues once a month. It is made up of the main departments under the supervision of the General Director.
EDC Group: our 3 Parisian campuses
Since 2018, EDC Paris Business School has launched a vast programme to transform its campuses: 3 sites with a total surface area of 13,000 m2 at strategic locations in Paris.
- In 2019, 2 new campuses, located in Paris la Villette and Paris VIIème, were inaugurated. They represent a surface area of nearly 8000m2 and host our various programs specializing in luxury, operated under the Sup de Luxe brand.
- In the winter of 2020, EDC Paris Business School will inaugurate its new 5,000 m² campus in La Défense dedicated to its other courses, including the Grande Ecole Programme. Modern, Modular, Eco-responsible, it will be the perfect showcase for our strategic plan #ProudtobeEDC2022.
THE MASTER'S DEGREE
This diploma, issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, is part of the LMD system. It certifies a high level of professional skills and the quality of the diploma at the national level. EDC Paris Business School is one of the 10 French post baccalaureate business schools granting a Master's degree.
Our accreditations, a pledge of excellence
EDC Paris Business School has already been granted two worldwide renowned accreditations in the higher education sector.
EPAS/EFMD Accredited - since 2016 - The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) has established standards for quality assessment of management schools (EQUIS) and programs (EPAS/EFMD Accredited).
PRME - since 2019 - Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), a network developed by the United Nations within the framework of the "Global Compact" initiative.
It also has officially launched the AACSB accreditation process at the end of 2019.
This association represents the best engineering and business schools, all of which have been accepted after a strict audit. The EDC Paris Business School has been a member for now more than 10 years.
It certifies the Specialized Master and Master of Science programs to ensure that they are in line with the expectations of the job market.
To date, the following EDC Paris Business School programs have been accredited by the CGE:
- Master of Science - Global Luxury Management
- Master of Science - Fashion & Luxury Management
Other training courses will be accredited in the coming months.
Criteria differ from one organization/newspaper to another. Our Grande Ecole Business School, the oldest 100% private school of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles, is regularly ranked in the top 6; and this has been so for several years.
Grande Ecole Program
- Le Parisien: 6th (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking, 2020)
- Eduniversal: 6th (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking, 2019)
- L’Etudiant*: 8th (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking, average from the past 3 years)
- Le Point*: 8th (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking)
- 1st en entrepreneurship,
- 5th en professionnalization
- 6th in added value
- Challenges: 9th (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking, 2019)
- Eduniversal: 1st (Bachelor specialisation luxe, 2019/20)
- Eduniversal: 2nd (MBA specialisation luxe, 2019/20)
- Eduniversal: Prix de l’innovation (M.Sc Wine & Spirits, 2019/20)
- Eduniversal: Prix de l’innovation (M.Sc Management Commercial & Business Development, 2019/20)
EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) is the largest European accreditation agency. It issues the EPAS/EFMD Accredited and EQUIS labels which distinguish programmes and schools of excellence.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business is a U.S.-based organization dedicated to promoting excellence and continuous improvement in the quality of higher education in management around the world. It examines the methods, means, and programs of institutions that apply for accreditation.
The Association UGEI, created in 1993, aims to represent the independent Grandes Ecoles in relation to their environment, to create a quality label and to encourage the development of a higher education ethic and to promote international relations and complementarities between the Union's institutions.