The Board of Directors is the School’s ultimate decision-making body for all major decisions (budget, strategic alliance, strategic investment decisions). The Board carries out its mission based on the work conducted by the Steering Committee and Scientific Council, soon to become the International Advisory Board.
EDC Paris Business School is a renowned business and management school created in 1950. Owned by its alumni for more than 20 years, in 2017 it joined the Planeta group, which provides training to more than 100,000 students of all nationalities on 3 continents. It is the oldest 100% private institution of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
What we do
"Position ourselves as a driver and catalyst for innovative, research-based learning initiatives by creating programmes and experiences in keeping with a vision for entrepreneurship for individuals and organizations, both national and international."
Three principles drive our actions
“Train humanist leaders for the digital era, who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are capable of designing and implementing innovative strategies, with the aim of improving the social and economic performance of organizations.”
This vision is materialized through our new pedagogical signature called "DIVE" - Developer. Innovator. Value Creator. Entrepreneur - which is applied to all our programs.
These programs develop, to varying degrees, the distinctive skills of a 21st century leader:
- A 360° view of the fundamentals of management science (Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources)
- A special focus on entrepreneurship, business development and innovation to train students and managers capable of creating new opportunities and pushing the boundaries of business in a world invariably filled with uncertainty and ambiguity
- A common foundation of knowledge based on transdisciplinarity through mandatory courses on geopolitics, general knowledge, European policies, design, and an annual seminar on personal development and soft skills.
- The need to train students to become digital natives through mandatory training in the Grande Ecole programme on coding, artificial intelligence, design thinking and digital transformation
- Training students to become true citizens with an awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and corporate social responsibility through programmes offering a holistic view of performance
- Ambition & Commitment: We set high standards. We motivate our students to aim high. We encourage them to be leaders who make a real difference in companies and in society.
- Creativity: We challenge preconceived ideas. We are problem solving oriented and do not hesitate to think outside the box. We encourage our students, our stakeholders, to step outside their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
- Diversity & Openness: We consider openness, diversity and cooperation to be intrinsically linked. We are convinced of the necessity and the power of networks in an increasingly complex and connected world.
- Responsibility: Social responsibility is a state of mind that must characterize all our decisions. Indeed, a leader needs to develop a holistic vision of performance and value creation. They embrace the values of fair leadership.
The International Advisory Board (IAB) was created in 2019, the result of a merger between the Scientific Council and the Steering Committee. It assists the Board of Directors and General Management in analysing the environment and defining strategy in terms of academics, teaching methods, and corporate relationships. It meets once a year for a seminar.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie - Professeur à l’ULB, ex Doyen de la Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB)
- Frank Bournois - Directeur général / Doyen à ESCP Europe, Paris (France)
- Michel Kalika - Professeur à l'IAE de Lyon (Uiversité Jean Moulin), Président de BSI
- Patrick Hetzel - Recteur, Professeur à l’Université Paris II, Panthéon-Assas
- Yvon Gasse - Professeur à l'Université de Laval, Québec, Canada
- François-Marc Sastre - Directeur général Europe du Sud, CARTIER
- Bruno Rosé - Président de Force EDC (association des anciens)
- Patrick Mazeron - Ancien Vice-Président de EDC Paris Business School
College of the EDC Paris Business School Management
- Jean Pierre Helfer - Président de l’international Advisory Board et Directeur de la recherche à EDC Paris Business School.
- William Hurst - Directeur général Groupe EDC / Doyen
- Rachid Rhattat - Directeur Académique, EDC Paris Business School
- Zied Ftiti - Doyen associé de la Recherche & Directeur de l'OCRE, EDC Paris Business School
- Ferid Chakroun - Associé en charge du pôle « Transformation Digital - Services Financiers », BearingPoint
- Arnaud Michelle -Vice-Président, Energies & Environment, Akka Technologies
- Janet Dekker - Directrice Générale Adjointe Ressources Humaines, Groupe Air France-KLM
- Axel Hoppenot - Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Société des Bains de Mer (SBM)
- Grégoire Linder – Fondateur & Président, Raizers
- Jean-Paul Genoux - Cofondateur & Directeur Général, DIMO Software
The Executive Committee communicates and establishes strategy approved by governing bodies outside the school. It meets each week and addresses strategic and cross-disciplinary issues once a month. It is made up of the main departments under the supervision of the General Director.
The potential strength of a group
Grupo Planeta, a powerful family group investor
Planeta is an international publishing and communication group of Spanish origin. It is active in the fields of culture, training, media and audiovisual. Since 1950, the group has grown into a multinational company that combines a strong entrepreneurial tradition with a great capacity for innovation.
Planeta Training and Universities supports 100,000 learners of all nationalities through higher education institutions located in France, Spain, Italy, Morocco, Colombia and the United States.
Campuses in France
- A campus at La Villette 8,000 m² dedicated to luxury management programs - operated under the Sup de Luxe label - and sports management programs.
A 600 m² campus in the 7th arrondissement of Paris for continuing education.
In September 2020, a third 850 m2 site dedicated to our school in the Atlantic Tower in the La Défense district opened its doors: 11 modern classrooms in the spirit of the new campus, a mini Learning hub, an incubator, a relaxation area as well as a company restaurant with special "student rates".
In 2021, a new 5,800 m2 campus at La Défense will be added to the existing campus. It will accommodate all the programs operated under the EDC name. An incubator and learning hub designed to fostering creativity, innovation and interactivity will be implemented. In line with our values, our campus will have a low carbon footprint. For the well being of our students, each floor will have its own leisure area, and a cafeteria coupled with a 350 m² outdoor terrace will be available. Each classroom will be equipped with interactive whiteboards and digital screens to promote distance learning.
The school also has three campuses abroad:
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Rabat (Morocco)