The Board of Directors is the School’s ultimate decision-making body for all major decisions (budget, strategic alliance, strategic investment decisions). The Board carries out its mission based on the work conducted by the Steering Committee and Scientific Council, soon to become the International Advisory Board.
“Train humanist leaders for the digital era, who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are capable of designing and implementing innovative strategies, with the aim of improving the social and economic performance of organizations.”
To achieve this goal, EDC Paris Business School, a leader in its field for the past 70 years, offers a variety of programmes that contribute in different ways to developing the distinctive skills required of 21st-century leaders:
- A 360° view of the fundamentals of management science (Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources)
- A special focus on entrepreneurship, business development and innovation to train students and managers capable of creating new opportunities and pushing the boundaries of business in a world invariably filled with uncertainty and ambiguity
- A common foundation of knowledge based on transdisciplinarity through mandatory courses on geopolitics, general knowledge, European policies, design, and an annual seminar on personal development and soft skills.
- The need to train students to become digital natives through mandatory training in the Grande Ecole programme on coding, artificial intelligence, design thinking and digital transformation
- Training students to become true citizens with an awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and corporate social responsibility through programmes offering a holistic view of performance
Position ourselves as a driver and catalyst for innovative, research-based learning initiatives by creating programmes and experiences in keeping with a vision for entrepreneurship for individuals and organizations, both national and international.
- To educate entrepreneurial managers and leaders to be risk takers, creative, transdisciplinary aware and inspiring in an ethical way.
- To implement a transformational and cutting-edge learning experience throughout our different programmes and research activities.
- To work closely with all our key stakeholders so as to build ‘win-win’ relationships.
Our values are reflected in our programmes and through the entrepreneurial leadership competency model :
- Ambition & engagement
- Diversity & openness
The International Advisory Board (IAB) was created in 2019, the result of a merger between the Scientific Council and the Steering Committee. It assists the Board of Directors and General Management in analysing the environment and defining strategy in terms of academics, teaching methods, and corporate relationships. It meets once a year for a seminar.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie - Professeur à l’ULB, ex Doyen de la Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB)
- Frank Bournois - Directeur général / Doyen à ESCP Europe, Paris (France)
- Michel Kalika - Professeur à l'IAE de Lyon (Uiversité Jean Moulin), Président de BSI
- Patrick Hetzel - Recteur, Professeur à l’Université Paris II, Panthéon-Assas
- Yvon Gasse - Professeur à l'Université de Laval, Québec, Canada
- François-Marc Sastre - Directeur général Europe du Sud, CARTIER
- Bruno Rosé - Président de Force EDC (association des anciens)
- Patrick Mazeron - Ancien Vice-Président de EDC Paris Business School
College of the EDC Paris Business School Management
- Jean Pierre Helfer - Président de l’international Advisory Board et Directeur de la recherche à EDC Paris Business School.
- William Hurst - Directeur général Groupe EDC / Doyen
- Rachid Rhattat - Directeur Académique, EDC Paris Business School
- Zied Ftiti - Doyen associé de la Recherche & Directeur de l'OCRE, EDC Paris Business School
- Ferid Chakroun - Associé en charge du pôle « Transformation Digital - Services Financiers », BearingPoint
- Arnaud Michelle -Vice-Président, Energies & Environment, Akka Technologies
- Janet Dekker - Directrice Générale Adjointe Ressources Humaines, Groupe Air France-KLM
- Axel Hoppenot - Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Société des Bains de Mer (SBM)
- Grégoire Linder – Fondateur & Président, Raizers
- Jean-Paul Genoux - Cofondateur & Directeur Général, DIMO Software
The Executive Committee communicates and establishes strategy approved by governing bodies outside the school. It meets each week and addresses strategic and cross-disciplinary issues once a month. It is made up of the main departments under the supervision of the General Director.
EDC Group Campuses
In 2018, edc paris business school began a vast programme to transform its campuses.
2 new campuses in Paris La Villette and the 7th arrondissement of Paris were inaugurated in 2019. They offer a surface area of nearly 8,000 m2 and are home to various programmes specialised in the luxury goods industry, operated under the Sup de Luxe brand.
In autumn 2020, EDC Paris Business School will inaugurate its new 5,000 m2 campus at La Défense dedicated to its other training programmes, including the Grande Ecole programme. This modern, modular, environmentally friendly space will be the perfect setting for our strategic plan, #ProudtobeEDC2022.
Accreditations and rankings
In the sector of management grand écoles, accreditations provide a means of objectively measuring our excellence in academics and teaching against the best international standards.
EDC Paris Business School has been awarded the following accreditations:
- EPAS/EFMD Accredited (both EFMD and EQUIS grant this accreditation)
- PRME: this recognition, a reference in the field of CSR/sustainable development, is awarded by the United Nations
- A member of the AACSB for several years, EDC PBS began the accreditation process in late 2019.
As a member of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles (CGE), the school has been able to offer a Masters degree for its Grande Ecole programme for the past 11 years.
EDC paris business school in the rankings
The criteria differ from one organisation/newspaper to the next. For several years, our Grande Ecole for business, the oldest fully private school in the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles, has constantly held a position among the top 10 schools.
- 5th, Le Parisien (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking, average from the past 3 years)
- 6th, Eduniversal (Grande Ecole Programme ranking, 2019)
- 8th, L’Etudiant* (Grande Ecole Programme ranking, average from the past 3 years)
- 8th, Le Point* (in postbac school, 2nd in entrepreneurship, 5th in postba professionalization)
- 9th, Challenges (Post-Baccalaureate Grande Ecole Programme ranking, 2019)