Third Edition of Ethical Finance and Sustainable Development workshop
Workshop organized by :
- EDC Paris Business School, OCRE Laboratory, Paris (France)
- CY Cergy Paris University, THEMA Laboratory, Paris (France)
The term finance often refers to optimization of shareholder value, maximization of profitability and return on investment. It is habitually synonymous with the pursuit of economic growth and development, at times at the cost of increasingly scarce natural resources. However, in the wake of environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges of the 21th century this version of finance is seriously contested. Now, corporations and institutions, NGO's and governments need to assume responsibility for the impact of their activities on their stakeholders.
In response to these challenges, business leaders, policy makers, activists and academics suggest the need to integrate financial activity into the broader economic activity [Paranque, 2017; Paranque and Pérez, 2016] and then to anchor it in the social activity (Polanyi, 1983; Fischbach, 2015b). Lagoarde-Segot and Paranque (2018) consider that this integration implies reaffirming the primacy of social objectives over economic and financial objectives, which are only means to achieve them.
IMPORTANTE DATES AND INFORMATIONS
- Marie Estelle Binet, Full Professor, Sciences Po Grenoble, Laboratory GAEL UGA, Grenoble (France).
- Patrick Schembri, Associate Professor in Economics at Versailles University and University of Paris-Saclay (France).
- David M. Wasieleski, Executive Director, Institute for Ethics in Business Duquesne University, Pennsylvania (United States).
- Figge Frank, Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility at the Kedge Business School, Marseille, (France) & Associate Fellow of Homerton College, University of Cambridge, (UK)
For papers submission, please send a full paper to the following address: OCRE@edcparis.edu
For any question, please contact Zied.Ftiti@edcparis.edu
Deadline for submission (full papers): 15 February 2021
Notification of acceptation: 20 February 2021
Deadline for registration: 28 February 2021
Event of workshop: 25 March 2021
- For online presentation: the registration fees is fixed to 100€.
- For physical presentation: the registration fees is fixed to 200€ (including lunches and coffee breaks, and Gala dinners)
- For PhD students the registration fees is free
Annie BELLIER, CY Cergy Paris University, THEMA Laboratory, Paris (France)
Younes Ben Zaied, EDC Paris Business School, OCRE Laboratory, Paris (France)
Zied FTITI, EDC Paris Business School, OCRE Laboratory, Paris (France)
Haithem JOMNI, Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment-EPIC, Paris (France)
Atif Muhammed Khan, EDC Paris Business School, OCRE Laboratory, Paris (France)
For more information, please click here